Thursday, October 22, 2009

Annabel.....The best hugger ever.


I think it is so funny how when you tell a kid (under the age of 5) something and they take it as gospel. I once told my 4 year old that she "Gave the best hugs ever". And she totally believes it....as she should, her hugs are pretty damn awesome! If anyone is talking about hugs, she will interject "I give the best hugs". She often gets into screaming matches with her siblings about who gives the best hugs. I will hear "MOMMY SAID I GIVE THE BEST HUGS EVER".

Annabel definitely has physical touch as her love language. Have you read that book before? The Five Love Languages? They also have The Five Love Languages for Children. A book I highly recommend. I have read it and read it over again. Really helps you figure out what sort of things make your kid tick.

Annabel loves to sit on my lap, give hugs and kisses, or just hold my hand. Now that Teresa is getting bigger, they now fight for my lap. If she knows you, more than likely she has sat on your lap (that is if mommy's is not available).

I was surprised how well Annabel adjusted when Teresa was born. Before Teresa was here, Annabel was always with me. On my lap, wanting to be held, or just wanting to sit with me all the time. She never got upset once Teresa was here. But, as soon as Teresa was put down or someone else took her, onto my lap she went. I love that she loves to be with me.

She will tell me she loves me all the time. And often, right at the right time, too. Or not so right time. I would be busy paying bills or doing something that requires my attention and I will get "mommy. Mommy. Mommy!" And what do you think comes out of my mouth next? You know, moms out there. "WHAT?!" And she will sweetly say "I love you". How do you not change your attitude at that point? I swear she always has something else on her mind to say, but then decides to just say "I love you", just so that she doesn't get yelled at. LOL. Smart little girl I have there.

Next year I will surely miss her to death when she goes to kindergarten all day. Who will keep my lap warm? Who will give me the best hugs right when I need them? Who will say I love You, just at the right time and when I need it most?

I love you, too, Annabel. And you really do give the best hugs ever!

2 comments:

  1. Awe this seriously brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet girl. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think baby number 5 will be on it's away this time next year...just saying is all!

    ReplyDelete