Annabel, being the middle girl, often gets lost in the shuffle of things. So, here is yet another blog entry on my Annabel.
We are in the process of trying to get Annabel out of pull ups at night. This has been a battle from day one. She was my hardest out of all of them to potty train and it continues to be a battle.
We have tried every incentive imaginable. Stickers, treats, trips to Chuck E Cheese, sleepovers, you name it.
One morning, after having a full pull up she says to me "I don't know how not to". How do you teach a four year old to get up and potty in the night? We have tried waking her up in the middle of the night......but how does that actually teach her to wake up? We have tried no drinks after dinner. No juice. You name it.
The most recent excuse........"Someone made me pee the bed". Of course, she blamed her brother, Dominic.
She said to me one day "I will stop peeing at night, if you let me wear underwear to bed". Wow! Could it really be that simple? Um NO! I have changed wet sheets every night since. She wakes me up in the middle of the night when she wets the bed. So, maybe this is a start? Now that she realizes she is doing it, she will now start getting up? We will see.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahren has the same issue and his pediatrician told me that some kids don't know how to wake up at night. Their mind isn't developed enough to do it. Ahren is now getting out of Pull-Ups. I never thought he would but he's been dry for about a month and I hear him get up at night to go to the bathroom.
ReplyDeleteI know I read an article from Children's about an alarm clock that rings when they wet to help build the connection with thier mind. Unfortunately it may just be a situation where you have to wait until she's a little older.
I was thinking about you the other day and wondered: what about setting an actual alarm clock to get her up to pee? Then it might become habit after a while?
ReplyDelete