
I am not a very creative writer. So, this may be a bit boring for some of you. But, I thought it would be fun to try and write down some of the ups and down and all arounds of being a stay at home mom of 4 kids. I think it will be cool to go back and read these stories of my kids. How cool would it have been if our parents would have written down the good and bad days of being a parent?
Most people, upon first meeting me, probably think I am not a very happy person. My normal facial expression is not a smile. I probably always look like a grump. But, after talking to me for only a few minutes, you will realize that I am a pretty nice person with a weird sort of humor. I tend to be sarcastic and I hope people get that part of me. But, all in all, I am a really happy person.
I will go out of my way to try and help someone. One time I received an email from someone that was part of a moms group. I had never met the girl, but she was looking for advice on a doctor because she needed a second opinion on something that was going on with her daughter. The next day her daughter was having surgery. Without even thinking I called her up and told her I was bringing her dinner. I packed up the dinner I was making for my family and took it over to her. That is just the type of person I am. I love helping people.
I love being a mom! I love being a stay at home mom! If I never had to work another day in my life, I would be totally OK with that. With that being said........there are definitely days I say "tag, your it" to my husband as he walks in the door. Like all moms, I need a break, too. And will head to the local coffee shop for a white chocolate mocha and relax.
As I have said...I love helping people. That is why I decided to become a nurse. I work with geriatrics, which is much like raising kids. The one thing I love about working in this area, is that I love hearing the stories of long ago. About what it was like before cars, before TV....when life was simple. Some days I think to myself "I think I would have enjoyed living back then". I only work a few days a month and that is totally enough days for me. Just enough to get me out of the house and pay a bill or two. I hope to never have to go to work full time. I want to be able to help out at the school, be a lunch mom, a room mom, and be here when they get off the bus.
Getting off the bus........that is about the worst time of day for me. Not because my kids are coming home, but because everything happens all at the same time. At 4pm at my house, it is a mad house. Don't ever call my house at 4pm. My kids are walking in the door from school, dinner is on the stove, and the baby is waking up from a nap. Homework needs to be started right way, because most days we have to run off to soccer, baseball or some other thing for the kids. I have to try and keep the baby happy, help with homework and finish dinner all at the same time. All while praying that my husband is getting off of work on time and will be home shortly to help with this chaos. Oh, how I hate those phone calls at 430pm saying "honey, I am leaving late".
And my husband......my very best friend. Without him, I would not be who I am today. He is a wonderful husband and such an amazing dad to our four kids. My kids look forward to when he gets home and go running to him as soon as they hear the door knob turning.
All in all, I am a pretty normal stay at home mom. I love my kids more than you can imagine (well, most moms probably can imagine), and just like most moms, need some "me" time, too. I have a great marriage and look forward to spending the rest of my life with my husband and watching my kids grow from babies, to toddlers, to teens, to adults.
More on my kids to come.......
I'm so glad you've decided to start a blog!! I'd love to read about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteI love it, and I think I'm going to give you a call tomorrow around 4 to tell you what my favorite parts are!
ReplyDelete