Teresa is the baby of the family. The other day my husband and I were talking about the day she was born. She came out screaming and literally screamed for an hour straight. Non-stop for an hour straight! While we were reliving that day, our kids in the back of the van were screaming.....trying so hard to talk over one another and screaming! We sat there and said "I bet, she thought that is what you do when you come out...scream". She probably heard my kids screaming all the while in the womb and when she came out, she just wanted to be part of the kids. And she was.
She was probably my most difficult baby. She pretty much continued to cry for her first 6-7 weeks of life. She was not happy to be in the real world. Finally, around 8 weeks or so, she became a little happier. I think she realized she was not able to climb back in, and would have to figure out a way to be happy here. She became content. But, that didn't last long.
She is a momma's girl. Wants momma and momma only. Around 3 months old she became really attached to me. Wanted me and only me. Screamed bloody murder if someone even just thought about holding her. I learned to vacuum holding her, cook holding her, do just about anything with a baby on my hip. Thank goodness for my maya wrap!
When she was 10 months old, I left her with my parents for 5 nights. That was probably the best thing I ever did. Now she loves my mom, too! She finally realized that if mommy went away, she would come back. She is now more comfortable going to other people. This past weekend, was the first time ever she went to my mother in law without screaming. We are making progress.
Even though, she was my most difficult baby. I have enjoyed her the most. While pregnant I made sure to take in every little thing, because I had a feeling she would be my last one. Even now, I can sit and hold her and just smell her forever. I love them at this age. So innocent, so cute, so little!
She has taught me a lot. She has given me more patience. She has forced me to sit down on the floor and see things from her perspective. (I literally have to sit on the floor at all times or she will scream at my feet). She has taught me how to love more than I ever thought possible. I never thought after having my first, that my love could just grow and grow. She has added so much to our family. My older girls just love her. Love to hold her, play with her, hug her, kiss her, and be her other little mommy. Dominic loves to make her laugh. She thinks he is the funniest guy in the world (probably because he is). She has made us a family of 6 and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love you, Teresa. Thanks for allowing me to sit on the floor and be a kid again.
No comments:
Post a Comment